Non Profit Board Prep Program
Wednesdays | April 6 – May 4
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
KABA Training Center
The Nonprofit Board Prep Program is a comprehensive training program for individuals who are interested in serving on nonprofit boards in the Kenosha area.
The Nonprofit Board Prep Program was created as an exciting opportunity for young professionals to leverage their leadership skills – and gain an understanding for what it takes to become successful board members. A secondary goal of the program is to increase the leadership role of young professionals in Kenosha’s nonprofit sectors.
This program is a five-session series taking place on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., starting April 6, 2022. All workshops are held at the Kenosha Area Business Alliance Training Center, located at 5500 6th Ave., Suite 200, in downtown Kenosha. Limited options are available for participating in the program virtually. If you need this accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The board prep training sessions are led by local community leaders who are experienced in serving on a variety of nonprofit boards within the Kenosha area – and have subject matter expertise in the topics they teach. Training sessions include topics such as:
- Overview of nonprofit boards
- Legal and ethical responsibilities
- Financial management
- Strategic planning
Sessions include group and individual work, presentations, and case studies.
At the end of the program, participants are invited to a graduation ceremony and nonprofit social event in which they receive recognition of program completion and meet local nonprofits that are seeking board or committee members.
KABA is providing nonprofit board training to young professionals and the general community, including those who are currently serving on a board or committee, and who are interested in nonprofit board training. Those who register for the program should have the following:
- General interest in nonprofit board or committee service, particularly in the Kenosha area
- Ability to commit 1.5 hours each Wednesday, April 6-May 4, for the training workshop. Timeline is listed below.
- Ability to communicate vis class discussion boards on topics covered in the coursework
- Intention to attend the graduation / nonprofit social event (held May/June2022)
- Willingness to be profiled in the post-training ‘look book’ which will be distributed to local nonprofits
The board prep program is a five-week program, requiring each participant to attend five training workshops, followed by a program completion ceremony/social where you can connect with nonprofit leaders. The program timeline is:
- April 1: Registration deadline
- Wednesday, April 6, 13, 20, 27 and May 4: Training sessions. All sessions are held at 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the Kenosha Area Business Alliance, 5500 6th Ave., Suite 200, Kenosha, WI
- May/June 2022: Completion ceremony and nonprofit social event. The date & time of this event will be determined depending on the availability of your cohort.
The fee to participate in this training program is $160 per individual. If you are a current college student with a valid student ID, the discounted rate is $100. Dinner, training materials for each session, and the nonprofit networking social are included in the registration fee. Credit card and checks are accepted.
Registration for the program is easy. Find all information and registration details at the link below. For additional inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 262-605-1100. Limited options are available for participating in the program virtually. If you need this accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister