Foxconn is investing an estimated $10 billion to create North America’s first state-of-the-art advanced display manufacturing campus right here in Mount Pleasant in the heart of Racine County. The Foxconn manufacturing campus will be approximately 20 million sq. ft. — by far the largest project in the state, and will, in fact, be one of the largest manufacturing campuses in the world.
This opportunity represents the return of electronics manufacturing to the U.S. from Asia. Foxconn’s investment will change the economic landscape in Wisconsin and establish our state as the electronics manufacturing capital of North America.
The impact of this investment on our community is unprecedented and the opportunity enormous. It will transform our region, creating tens of thousands of new jobs for Racine County.
ONE-TIME CAPITAL BENEFITS
Over the course of the anticipated four-year construction period, we anticipate:
- $10 billion of capital investment to construct and equip the facility.
- Over 10,000 new construction and related jobs.
- $2.41 billion in direct labor income for work performed in Racine County.
- $9 million in local tax revenues for Racine County governments.
THE ‘RIPPLE EFFECT’
For every 10 jobs created through direct employment, 6 additional jobs will be created elsewhere in Racine County.
ONGOING OPERATING IMPACTS
Once fully operational, the Foxconn facility is anticipated to create billions of dollars in additional annual Racine County GDP, through:
- Directly employing thousands of workers in Racine County and supporting thousands of indirect jobs throughout Racine County
- Creating millions of dollars in annual local tax revenues through indirect and induced economic activity and taxes paid by employees.